July 2008 Business Meeting Minutes
Members Present: 15
- Seneschal - Mistress Marion turned over the office of seneschal to
- Arts and Sciences - Katerina turned over this office to Emma
- Herald - Emma turned over this office to Louis Renart (Frenchy)
- Chatelaine - Louis Renart (Frenchy) turned over this office to Renny
- Chronicler - Martine stepped down from this position, and it is now
- Historian - Vacant
- Minister of Children - Vacant
Duvant Defender Event Report:
- The shire lost about $70 on hosting this event.
- The fundraiser lunch raised just over $170 for the discretionary fund.
- 152 people attended
- At the next event, post a sign up for feast clean up so that one or two
people don't end up doing the whole thing by themselves. Encourage
proteges and squires to sign up.
Babelcon: at the Holiday Inn Select
- We will be doing a demo from 10am to 5pm on Saturday, July 19.
March 2008 Business Meeting Minutes
Members Present: 13
- Seneschal - Officers need to give the Seneschal a copy (either paper or electronic) of their reports.
- Webmistress - Asked members to scan through the current populace list and point out inactive, deceased, or otherwise bygone members so that the web-site list can be properly updated.
- DuVant Defender - will be at the Gulf Wars site with Lannon as Feastocrat. Will be requesting tokens/pictures of good gentles who have served as inspirations in the SCA for a memory wall.
- Spring Coronation - April 12 - volunteers are needed to help the Shire of Northover specifically with troll and feast.
- Babelcon - mid-July - will try to do a demo at the sci-fi/fantasy convention in Baton Rouge depending on entry fees required.
February 2008 Business Meeting Minutes
Members Present: 10
- Seneschal - Monthly report posted. Turning over the office from
Malcolm to Marion.
- Knight's Marshal - report due next month.
- To all Fighters - if you need authorization prior to GW - DO IT NOW!
Lannon will be present at all fighter's practices from now until the
war. Please don't wait. He will scan your documents and send them in pdf
form if needed.
- Reeve - Transfering to Malcolm. We lost $500.00 last year and need to be
a little more careful. Annual report is done and posted as a pdf. sending in
- A&S - Report due on the 20th of this month. Please send in a list
of your current projects for inclusion in the
latest report. Office is transfering to Katerina - Marion will do this last
report and then Katerina will take over.
- Chatelaine - report turned in yesterday. Has created welcome stuff
for newcomers both online and hard-copies.
Suggested that we need to be bringing these items to the meeting. New
members are coming - Welcome to Adam, Esperanza and family.
- Chronicler/Web master -Martine is happy in the post and will combine the
two jobs hereafter. Please continue to send her images of yourself for
posting on the Website.
- Officers not present w/ No Report:
- Herald/Historian, Constable, Repier Marshal, Chiurgeon, Minister of
Children, Historian, RUGA.
These positions are currently unreported. If you are doing the job, but
were not able to get to the meeting last night, please let Marion know.
If you want to take over any of these jobs, please also contact Marion.
- Group Camp at Gulf Wars - We still need more folks. Online Registration
is open until Feb 15th. Please pre-register NOW for Wyrmgeist land.
- Coronation Bid? Camric and Onora are still looking for a bid for
Coronation. However, sites are REALLY slim. We may need to take a pass on
this one, but Jennet is still looking into other sites.
- DuVant Defender: We're on the Kingdom Calendar for June 14th. Still
working on a site. We have GW site if we want it, but there are objections
to GW which make it an unpopular choice. Marion is checking into other sites
and will let you all know by mid-next week.
Thanks to everyone who reported and who attended the meeting.
In Peace, and in Service,